Help Potential Schools Find You
Add your unique profile to the GRE® Search Service database. Graduate, business and law school recruiters around the world use this database to find prospective students like you. If you match their recruitment profile, you could receive information about their programs, admission requirements — even scholarships and fellowships to help pay tuition. Best of all, it's FREE — and it's easy to sign up!
You are given the option of being included in the GRE Search Service when you register for a GRE® test or you can sign up anytime by following these three simple steps:
- Sign in to your ETS account
- Select the link for the GRE Search Service registration
- Provide the requested information
When you participate in the GRE Search Service, your background information, contact information and the broad score bands in which your GRE test scores fall will be added to the GRE Search Service database. Participating schools and fellowship sponsors search for candidates who match their recruitment profile.
Participating graduate, business and law schools and fellowship sponsors search the database on broad GRE score bands in combination with undergraduate grade point averages (UGPA).
- For the GRE® Subject Tests, the score bands are 90 points or greater (e.g., 600 to 690).
- For the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures of the GRE® General Test, the score bands are six points or greater (e.g., 150 to 155).
- For the Analytical Writing measure, the score bands are a half point or greater (e.g., 4.5 to 5.0).
Information on broad score bands or individual GRE test scores will not be part of the output provided to institutions using the GRE Search Service.
Information about you that is provided to participating schools may include any of the following:
- personal information — address, gender, ethnic background, citizenship status, telephone number and email address
- educational/employment background — current educational status, undergraduate institution name, UGPA, undergraduate major and date of graduation, and post-graduate full-time work experience
- educational objective — your intended field of graduate work, preference for full-time or part-time graduate study, degree objective, preferred geographic region for graduate study, preferred method of study (e.g., online, on campus) and intended date of enrollment in graduate school
If you choose to participate in the Search Service and would like to unsubscribe at a later date, you may do so at any time by contacting GRE Service.