Change or Cancel Your GRE® Subject Test Registration
Changing Your Test Date
To change your test date, contact GRE® Services by phone, fax or mail with your name, date of birth, address, registration number, test date, preferred test center and new test date. If sending your request by mail or fax, you must include the US$50 rescheduling fee. Requests sent by mail must be received no later than four full days (not including the day of your test or the day of your request) prior to your scheduled test date.
- You must reschedule your test no later than four days before your test date or your test fee will be forfeited. For example: the deadline to reschedule a Saturday appointment is Tuesday.
- If you reschedule your test date, you will be charged a fee of US$50.
- Rescheduling is permitted in the same testing year (July 1–June 30).
- Testing fees and registrations are not exchangeable between the GRE® Subject Tests and GRE® revised General Test.
Changing Your Subject Test
- You must change your Subject Test by the regular registration deadline.
- Pay the US$50 fee for changing your Subject Test.
- Subject test changes cannot be guaranteed but will be made as space permits.
Changing Your Test Center
If you wish to change your test center, call GRE Services at 1-609-771-7670 or 1-866-473-4373 by the regular registration deadline. The fee to change your test center is US$50. Test center changes cannot be guaranteed but will be made as space permits.
Canceling Your Test Registration
To cancel your test registration, contact GRE Services by phone or fax with your request. Your request must include your name, date of birth, address, registration number and test date. Mailed requests must be received no later than four full days prior to your scheduled test date.
- You must cancel your test registration no later than four full days before your test date or your test fee will be forfeited.
- If you cancel your test no later than four full days prior to your test date, you will receive a refund equivalent to half of the original test fee. For example: the deadline to cancel a Saturday appointment and get a refund is Tuesday. See Payment and Refund Policies.
- If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
Ready to take a
GRE® Subject Test?
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Nobody knows our tests better than we do. We offer free practice tests and tips to help you prepare for your GRE Subject Test. Check them out today.