What Scores Are Reported?
Every GRE® Subject Test yields a total score on a 200 to 990 score scale, in 10-point increments. Each of the individual test scales occupies only a portion of the 200 to 990 score range.
The Physics and Psychology Tests also yield subscores on a 20–99 score scale, in one-point increments. Each of the individual test subscore scales occupies only a portion of the 20 to 99 score range.
|GRE Subject Test Dates||View Scores Online||Approximate Score Report Mailing Dates|
Your official GRE Subject Test score(s) will be available in your ETS account approximately five weeks after your test date. You will receive an email notification from ETS when they are available.
ETS will also send an official Institution Score Report to the score recipients you designated during registration at that time.
What Is In My Official Score Report?
Accessible in your ETS account, your official GRE® Test-taker Score Report is intended only for your information and personal records. It contains your:
- contact information (name, phone number and email)
- date of birth
- intended graduate major
- test date(s)
- GRE test score(s) and the associated percentile ranks
- authorized score recipients or fellowship sponsors and the scores reported to those institutions
- cumulative record of scores reported within the last five years
If you wish to have a paper copy, you can print one from your ETS account. It won't be sent to you by mail.
What Information Is Sent to Institutions?
Official score reports sent to the institutions you designate include:
- your contact information (name, address, phone number, email)
- your intended graduate major
- the GRE test score(s) you choose to report with the ScoreSelect® option and the associated percentile ranks
They do not include:
- any information concerning the other score recipients you have chosen
- any scores you have chosen not to report or any indication that you have taken other GRE tests
How Long are My Scores Valid and Reportable?
GRE scores are reportable for five years following your test date. For example, scores for a test taken on September 11, 2021, are reportable through September 10, 2026.
Score Review ($50 USD)
You may request a score review for the GRE Subject Test you took through your ETS account. If you are paying by paper check or money order, you will need to mail a completed Score Review Request form with payment to the address indicated on the form. The form must be received at ETS within three months of your test administration. Allow one to three weeks for the results of the score review to be mailed. Note that you will not be able to report your score to designated score recipients until the score review process is completed. If the score review results in a higher or lower score, the new score(s) will be reported.