(Updated February 28, 2020)
Due to the health and safety concerns for both our test takers and test center staff stemming from the coronavirus outbreak, GRE® and TOEFL® testing has been affected in in several countries.
- Mainland China — tests delayed countrywide through end of March
- Iran — tests delayed countrywide through April 2
Locations with some local closures: These locations have at least one test center closed in response to local public health concerns.
- Americas: Canada, Nicaragua, United States
- Asia: Hong Kong, India, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam
- Europe: Italy
- Middle East and North Africa: Kuwait, Morocco, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
In each case, the decision to postpone administrations has been made in collaboration with country governments or other partners on the ground. ETS is working to make the reschedule process as smooth as possible by:
- quickly returning test fees to students so that they can reschedule their exam
- waiving the reschedule fee
- working to ensure that test seats will be available once testing resumes
- providing extra free test prep for affected students to take advantage of in the meantime.
We have alerted colleges and universities about the canceled tests and have asked them to understand that score delays are through no fault of the test taker.
ETS joins in the worldwide concern for the people affected by this health crisis.