- When you opt-in to receive SMS messages from ETS, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
Message and data rates may apply. Text "STOP" to opt out or "HELP" for help. Message frequency varies depending on your opt-in to receive SMS messages from ETS. We may still send emails or call you in order to provide you with the information necessary to complete your transaction, or for your position at ETS.
If requested, ETS Assistant might send you one message with a link to access our digital assistant.
- If you would like to opt-in after you have elected to "STOP" messaging, just sign-up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP". After you send the SMS message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- ETS can deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major carriers: AT&T®, Verizon Wireless®, Sprint®, T-Mobile®, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular®, Alltel®, Boost Mobile®, Nextel® and Virgin Mobile®.
- Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems® (ACS), Appalachian Wireless® (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular®, Cellular One of East Central IL® (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania®, Cincinnati Bell® Wireless, Cricket®, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX®, Cross®, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch® (Elkhart Telephone), GCI®, Golden State Cellular®, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular®, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic® (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless®, NTelos®, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer®, Plateau® (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA®, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular®, Union Wireless®, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless® and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- For more information regarding privacy, please read our Privacy Notice.