About the ETS Literacy Tests
What Are They?
ETS offers two sets of adult literacy tests:
- The PDQ Profile Series assesses an individual's proficiency in performing general literacy tasks.
- The Health Activities Literacy Tests assess an adult's proficiency in performing literacy tasks dealing with health issues.
Who Takes Them?
These tests are designed for individuals who want to:
- determine if and where they need to improve their literacy skills
- better focus their teaching and learning activities
- compare their results with those obtained in the state, national and international surveys
Where Do People Take Them?
The tests are available electronically.
How Can I Prepare?
We offer two types of materials to help you prepare for the literacy tests: sample questions and a tutorial.
The tests are available only in computer-delivered format.