The proctor is authorized to dismiss you from a test session, and/or your scores may be withheld and ultimately canceled for any actions that violate the policies and procedures set forth herein and/or communicated by the proctor, but not limited to:
- Attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you.
- Failing to provide acceptable identification.
- Obtaining improper access to the test, test answers, a part of the test or information about the test.
- Accessing prohibited devices during the testing session. Cell phones, smartphones (e.g., Android, BlackBerry or iPhone devices), PDAs, digital watches and other electronic recording, listening, scanning and photographic devices are not permitted during the testing appointment. If you attempt to access or use any of these devices during the testing session, your test session will be terminated and you will be dismissed from the test and all associated fees will be forfeited. Additionally, your institution will be contacted and your scores may be canceled even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. You may not access your phone during the test to check messages or to check the time.
- Using any aids in connection with the test, including, without limitation: mechanical pencils, mechanical erasers, pens, pagers, beepers, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, unauthorized scratch paper, rulers, highlighter pens, stereos or radios with headphones, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stopwatches, dictionaries, translators, compasses, protractors and any handheld electronic or photographic devices.
- Attempting to give or receive assistance — communication in any form is not permitted during the test administration. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during the test administration or after the test administration is prohibited.
- Removing or attempting to remove test content. Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced and/or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) to any person or entity.
- Using scratch paper before the test or attempting to remove it before showing to the proctor at the end of the testing session.
ETS reserves the right to take all action — including, but not limited to, barring you from future testing and/or withholding or canceling your scores — for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator's directions. If your scores are canceled, your institution will be notified.