Format of the ETS® Major Field Tests
ETS® Major Field Tests are offered with many flexible options to support your academic programs.
- There are no preset test administration dates, enabling you to schedule testing at the convenience of your faculty and students.
- You can customize the Major Field Tests content by adding up to 50 locally authored test questions for tests administered on campus.
- You can choose between paper-and-pencil and online testing.
- You can also choose between proctored on-campus and proctored off-campus testing.
The test is formatted as follows:
|Test question types||
|Minimum number of test takers to produce aggregate reports.||
* Institutions may pay for all testing inventory or may elect to pass along the cost of the test, the remote proctoring session or both to the student. Students may pay with credit card or PayPal™ accounts. Payment method is determined during cohort set up. For more information, contact an ETS Solutions Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-745-0269, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.
To have access to free technical support for the online version of the Major Field Tests, we recommend that you schedule testing during Technical Support's business hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET. You can contact Technical Support at 1-800-514-8491.
For more information about how the Major Field Tests can help your program, call 1-800-745-0269 or contact an ETS Advisor. ETS Advisors are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.