Do you have a disability or health-related need and require accommodations? See Disability Accommodations.
Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English (PLNE)
Testing accommodations (extended testing time) may be available for test takers whose primary language is not English (PLNE). Test takers who meet ETS requirements will be allowed 50 percent additional testing time.
How to Register
Complete and include the following:
- A completed Certification of Documentation form. A business card, school seal, or school stamp must be affixed to the Certification of Documentation form. ETS has the right to request further verification, if needed, of the professional's credentials and expertise relevant to the certification of documentation form. If this request is needed, testing may be delayed until the next applicable test date.
- A completed Eligibility Form for Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English.
- A completed ParaPro Registration Form for Testing Accommodations.
Email or mail the completed Certification of Documentation Form and Eligibility Form to:
- ETS — Disability Services
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054
- Requests must be received at ETS at least three weeks before your expected test date. Incomplete requests and requests received on outdated forms will be returned unprocessed.
- All documentation must be approved before the test date.
- The program will make every effort to evaluate all requests in a timely manner. If further information and verification is needed by ETS, it's possible that testing will be delayed.
- Once your accommodation request is approved, you will receive an email with registration instructions. Please wait for your email approval before registering for the test.
- For test center registration: Contact your preferred test center to schedule your appointment and notify the administrator that extended testing time accommodations have been approved by ETS. You will pay the test fee, and any associated proctoring fees or premiums, directly to the test center.
- For remote test registration: You will pay the remote testing fee when you schedule your appointment.
If you have previously registered and your request for accommodations has been approved by ETS, you may request the same testing accommodation for subsequent test dates.
- To reregister at a test center, contact the test center directly and provide a copy of your valid approval letter to the test center administrator at least seven business days prior to your anticipated test date.
- To reregister for a remote exam, follow the registration instructions provided in your approval letter.
If your approval letter has expired, please follow the procedures outlined in the "How to Register" section above.