The ParaPro test at home is administered and monitored by ProProctor®. To take the test at home, you must meet the following requirements.
Equipment and Environment Requirements
- A desktop or laptop computer; you cannot use a tablet or mobile device
- Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Operating system: Windows® 8.1 or higher/Mac® OS 10.13 or higher
- Web browser: latest version of Google Chrome™
- Webcam Resolution: 640 x 480p
- Microphone: Enabled
- Download speed: 500 Kbps
Equipment Readiness Check
Before scheduling the test, run the Prometric® equipment readiness check to ensure that your operating system is compatible to install and run the ParaPro test at home.
Environment and Testing Space
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the exam. If this occurs, your exam will be terminated and/or your results invalidated.
- You may not take notes on paper. An online scratchpad tool is provided in the test for scratch work and note-taking.
- Your workstation and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc. No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your exam, including content posted on walls or within your immediate area, should be present during your exam session.
- Two tissues are permitted at your workstation but must be inspected by the proctor before the exam starts.
How to Register
Once you have confirmed that your computer and testing room meet the requirements, you can register and schedule your appointment through ProProctor. Appointments are available 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Download the ProProctor User Guide for more information on testing remotely with Prometric.
If you need to retake the test, please see the Test Retake Policy.