- Watch this What to Expect on Test Day (video) — Get step-by-step information on what to expect during your ProProctor test appointment.
- Review the Prometric® User Guide (PDF) for detailed information on at home testing with Prometric.
- Gather the materials you'll need for your test session. (All other materials are prohibited.)
- Passport or other acceptable ID — See the Bulletin to be sure your documents will be accepted. You won’t be allowed to test without valid ID.
- Cellphone or hand-held mirror for check in
- Be prepared to launch the at home test 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time to allow time for check-in procedures and completion of the Background Information Questionnaire. If you sign in after your scheduled appointment time, you won’t be allowed to test and you’ll forfeit your test fee.
Knowing what to expect when you take the ParaPro Assessment at home will help ensure you're ready to do your best on test day. Review this information to learn about the at home testing procedures for the ParaPro Assessment, including the materials you'll need and how to prepare the room where you'll test.
If you require technical support before or during your exam, please visit the ProProctor® help center or call 1-800-226-7958.
What to expect on test day
- Make sure you’re dressed appropriately, with your ears and face visible to the proctor. Avoid wearing any jewelry or other accessories.
- Face coverings may not be worn during check in or any part of the at home testing session.
- Make sure your testing area meets the environment and testing space requirements, including:
- The room is quiet and well lit.
- The table and surrounding area are clear.
- You’re alone in the room with no one else entering during the test and all doors are closed before beginning testing.
- You may have two tissues at your workstation, but they must be inspected by the proctor before the exam starts.
- Run a final systems check and fix any issues before you attempt to check in to your test. All issues must be resolved before your appointment time.
- Close all browsers and applications not needed for the test to help prevent bandwidth issues while you test.
- Make sure any other devices in your home that use the internet aren’t running
- Disable any screen-sharing or remote-access software (such as Zoom™, Skype™, TeamViewer™, Microsoft Teams™ and Apple Remote Desktop™) before the test. It must remain disabled throughout the test. Ensure that the software will not open automatically during the test.