ETS recognizes your right to control the information about you that is stored by ETS. Its policies are designed to safeguard your information from unauthorized disclosure. Your score report is intended only for you and for your designated score recipients. However, background information as noted in the registration system is reported to some states and institutions. To protect your right to control the distribution of your scores, reports will be released only at your specific written request and only to ETS-approved score recipients. Every recipient must be specified by you in the online registration system. ETS will not release your scores at the request of institutions or agencies except:
- For use in research studies that are approved by your state department of education and that preserve your anonymity.
- When information is required under compulsion of legal processes.
- When a state's central regents office or board of governors requests copies of scores that have been reported to its member institutions.
- When test takers have been informed at test registration that their scores will automatically be released to the state and the test taker’s attending institution.
- When a branch institution requests scores previously sent to its main office or vice versa.
Official score reports for properly designated recipients are sent directly from ETS to ensure the authenticity of the reports. Note that whenever ETS has confirmed that you have submitted an ETS® Performance Assessment score report directly to an educational institution, agency or district in satisfaction of one of its requirements, ETS will respond to requests for score verification from that recipient.