Now that you have made the decision to adopt the PPAT® assessment at your program and you are ready for candidates to begin taking the assessment, contact our Educator Preparation Program (EPP) Support Team to move to the next step.
The EPP Support Team:
- provides faculty training and assistance with program implementation
- works with you to ensure that your candidates know how to register and where to find assessment information
- assists program faculty and cooperating teachers with Task 1 submission feedback
- processes orders for PPAT assessment registration vouchers (if needed)
Registration and Assessment Information
The test-taker pages of this website contain all the information test takers need to know about the assessment, even before registering.
Test takers are required to create an account in our online registration system. This is also where they will submit their task responses. Please note that this is a different system than where test takers register for the Praxis® tests. Learn more about how candidates register.
Email Communications to Test Takers
Test takers will receive several email notifications from ETS during the registration and submission process. These emails are sent to the email address on the test taker’s account. The email notifications include:
- order confirmation
- task submission reminder
- submission confirmation
- missing task submission
- score report availability
Accessing the Submission System and Scores
Through the ETS® Client Services for the Educator Series portal, we provide access to multiple services for preparation programs. For the PPAT assessment, there are two services that individuals at your program can utilize:
- Performance Assessments Submission System. With this access, you will view your list of registered candidates, and view and provide feedback for the Task 1 submissions.
- Test Taker Score Reports. View PPAT score reports available in several formats.
Contact the EPP Support Team to get access.
Preparation Program Training
ETS provides two specialized trainings: 1) Getting Started with PPAT and 2) Course Alignment. If you are interested in scheduling a training session, please email us.
For Test Takers
Our customer service team is available Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET (except for U.S. holidays) to assist test takers with assessment questions. They can be reached at 1-855-628-5088, 1-609-359-5634 or by email.
Contact our EPP Support Team for assistance.
Collaborating for Success: How to Use the PPAT Assessment to Support Teacher Candidates
Watch a panel of education professionals discuss the need for, the utility of, and the implementation of performance assessments. (1hr.)
An Effective Measurement
Watch State Teachers of the Year share their opinions about the PPAT assessment and how it incorporates the necessary elements to measure teacher candidate effectiveness. (3 mins., 4 secs.)
Become a Rater
If you are interested in becoming a rater for online scoring of the PPAT, please check the ETS Online Scoring opportunities information.