Scores are issued to test takers and to educator preparation programs. Test takers who do not meet the passing score for the assessment have an opportunity to resubmit one, two or all three tasks for a fee during the resubmission window immediately after scores are issued.
There are three types of scores for the PASL assessment:
- step scores — each task of the assessment contains four steps
- task scores — the sum of the three step scores; the score for Task 3 is doubled
- overall cumulative assessment score
The overall cumulative score is the sum of the three task scores. Passing scores are established at the overall cumulative score level.
Test-taker Score Reports
The test-taker score report contains valuable information about the test taker’s performance, including:
- a summary page indicating the score for each task and a cumulative score for the assessment
- a detail page for each task indicating scores for each step within a task and feedback for each step score
The Feedback for Step Scores
The test-taker score report includes feedback for each step score within a task. This feedback:
- guides test takers to improve the quality of evidence in the step responses
- addresses the possible qualitative and quantitative level of the evidence provided in the step responses
- is connected to the language of the task rubrics and the language of the guiding prompts
- is helpful to test takers when they are deciding whether or not to resubmit a task
Test takers access their score reports via their online account approximately four weeks after the task deadline. If they resubmit any tasks, this report will be reissued approximately four weeks after the resubmission deadline.
How Educator Preparation Programs (EPP) Get Score Reports
Individual task scores and the overall cumulative score for the assessment will be available in the ETS® Data Manager. The test taker’s EPP automatically receives scores. Individuals at the EPP with approval to access scores in the ETS Data Manager have access to the scores approximately four weeks after the task deadline. If test takers resubmit any tasks, this report will be reissued approximately four weeks after the resubmission deadline date.