This Library of Examples is a collection of actual written responses submitted by Performance Assessment for Teacher Leaders candidates. Organized by task and by each textbox within a task, each example includes a pair of excerpts — a stronger and a weaker written response — that you can use to compare against the rubric and your own work to evaluate the quality of evidence you are presenting.
Corrections were not made to what candidates submitted. Because these excerpts were taken from a variety of candidates, they reflect a variety of writing styles and modes of presentation. Most important, regardless of the writing style, is how well the evidence addresses the guiding prompts and the rubric specific to each textbox within a task.
This Library of Examples does not provide templates for successful submissions. These examples should be used only for comparison purposes. The textbox number for each example is referenced at the top of the page and can be easily matched to the corresponding textbox number located on each task rubric. Compare your responses to the published pairs to determine whether your work contains enough evidence to fully address each guiding prompt. By examining each response and comparing the evidence within that response to the various levels of the rubric, you can determine where on the rubric your response might fall.
Remember the work you submit as part of your response to each task must be yours and yours alone. Your written commentaries and the student work and other artifacts you submit must all feature facilitation that you did and work that you supervised.
Choose your task from the list below.
Task 1: Adult Learning and the Collaborative Culture
- Task 1: Your Colleagues
- Textbox 1.1.1: Colleagues' Learning Needs
- Textbox 1.1.2: The Task/Project
- Textbox 1.2.1: The Adult Learning — The Individuals
- Textbox 1.2.2: Adult Learning — The Group
- Textbox 1.3.1 Impact of Adult Learning
Task 2: Research for the Improvement of Practice
- Task 2: The Research Topic
- Textbox 2.1.1: Leading the Research Process
- Textbox 2.2.1: Analysis and Use of the Data to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Textbox 2.3.1: Impact on Teaching and Learning
Task 3: Preliminary Activity
- Task 3: Preliminary Activity
- Textbox 3.1.1: Facilitating the Design
- Textbox 3.2.1: Implementation and Effect on Students and Teachers
- Textbox 3.3.1: Feedback and Reflection
Task 4: Observation and Use of Assessment Data
- Task 4: Preparation for the Task
- Textbox 4.1.1: Pre-Observation
- Textbox 4.2.1: Observation(s)
- Textbox 4.2.2: Post-observation and Feedback
- Textbox 4.3.1: Overall Analysis and Reflection
Task 5: Collaboration with Families and the Community
- Task 5: Identification of Colleagues
- Textbox 5.1.1: Developing the Needs Assessment with Your Colleagues
- Textbox 5.2.1: Facilitating the Development and Implementation with Colleagues
- Textbox 5.3.1: Successes and Challenges with Colleagues
- Textbox 5.3.2: Feedback and Reflection
Task 6: Collaborative Teams and Advocacy
- Textbox 6: Needs Assessment
- Textbox 6.1.1: The Plan
- Textbox 6.1.2: You and Your Colleagues
- Textbox 6.2.1: Advocacy
- Textbox 6.3.1: Feedback and Evaluation