Test fee reductions may be available for college students who meet all eligibility criteria. If you qualify for a fee reduction, a portion of the test fee may be waived.
You are eligible for a fee reduction only once during a testing year. There are a limited number of waivers available per submission window and per educator preparation program. All requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. All documents must be received for processing to begin. The fee waiver cannot be combined with prepaid vouchers.
Note: You must create an ETS Performance Assessment account before requesting a fee reduction.
To be eligible for a partial fee reduction, you must:
- be currently receiving financial aid
- be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and provide a current Enrollment Verification Certificate (Note: You are ineligible if you have a master's degree or a doctorate)
- provide a current FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less
- be required to take the PPAT® assessment by an authorized score recipient
- Create an online account in the ETS® Performance Assessments registration system.
- Complete the PPAT Fee Reduction Request Form.
Email or fax the original PPAT Fee Reduction Form, Enrollment Verification Certificate and SAR to ETS at the address below:
ETS must receive the original form by the deadline below. Late or incomplete requests will not be processed.
Submission Window Date Fall 2021 August 25, 2021 Spring 2022 January 12, 2022
- If approved, you will receive a $100 fee waiver to be used toward your test fee. If you have already registered, $100 of your test fee will be refunded in the same form of payment in which you paid for your registration in our system. Only credit/debit card, Paypal™ and eCheck original payments will be refunded. Registration payments made with prepaid vouchers are not eligible for this fee reduction.