You are eligible for a refund of 50 percent of your test fees if you cancel at least four full days prior to your test date, not including the day of your test. For example, to cancel a Friday appointment, you must submit your cancellation request no later than the Monday prior to your test.)
Refund policies are as follows:
- Special service fees are nonrefundable.
- If you are absent from or arrive too late to take the test at the test administration for which you registered, you are not entitled to a refund.
- All refunds are in U.S. dollars.
- Credit/debit card and PayPal® payments will be credited back to that account.
- Check or money order payments will be mailed to you.
- If the original payment was drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, allow eight weeks after your canceled test date for your refund to be processed.
- If the original payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the United States, allow 12 weeks for processing.
- If you feel you did not perform to your potential on a paper-delivered test and register to retake that same paper-delivered test, but subsequently receive a passing score for that test, you will automatically receive a full refund. You do not need to submit a request for a refund.
To Request a Refund:
If you cancel your test online, your refund will be processed automatically. Or you may complete the Refund Request Form and mail it to ETS. The request must be made online or the form received at ETS at least four full days prior to your test in order to be eligible for a refund.