How to Qualify for Certification
To qualify for the initial Professional Teacher Certification (PTC I) in American Samoa, all candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Complete all required American Samoa teacher certification courses
- Pass Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) Tests in Reading, Writing and Math
Who Must Take the Tests?
All individuals applying to teach in the Early Childhood Education Program or in any of the K–12 public schools in American Samoa shall successfully pass all three Praxis Core tests to demonstrate educator qualification.
In American Samoa, you must take the appropriate Praxis® Subject Assessments for each area of certification you seek.
- About the Praxis Tests
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs