How to Qualify for Licensure
For initial licensure in Delaware, all candidates must:
For further requirements, refer to the Delaware Administrative Code, Issuance of Initial License.
How to Qualify for Certification
For initial certification in Delaware, all candidates must:
For further requirements, refer to the Delaware Administrative Code, Standard Certificate regulations.
For further information about Delaware educator licensing, visit the Delaware Educator Data System website.
- ETS discontinued paper-delivered testing; however, Praxis tests will continue to be available in a paper-delivered format as required for ADA accommodations. All scores for previously administered paper-delivered tests are reportable for 10 years from the date the test was taken.
- The Delaware Department of Education does not require a Social Security Number (SSN) to process educator certification paperwork. ETS does not require your SSN for its own purposes, but will submit it to the Delaware Department of Education with your test results. However, failure to provide your SSN could delay processing of your certification application.
- If you test in Delaware at a testing center or using the Praxis at home solution, and your Praxis profile address is in Delaware, your score report will be sent automatically to the Delaware Department of Education.
- If you test outside Delaware or your Praxis profile address is not in Delaware, your scores are NOT automatically sent to the Delaware Department of Education. To have your scores sent to the Delaware Department of Education, you must select the Delaware Department of Education (state code 7065) as a score recipient when you register.
- For all methods of Praxis testing, to request additional score reports you must select the Delaware Department of Education (state code 7065) with each additional score report request.
Who Must Take the Tests?
- In Delaware, you must pass the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessments for each area of certification you seek, if the test is applicable and available.
- For more information about initial licensure or certification, visit the DEEDS website.
- About the Praxis Tests
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs