angle-up angle-right angle-down angle-left close user menu open menu closed search globe bars phone store

Guam Frequently Asked Questions

What standardized tests are required for licensure in Guam?

New teachers must:

  • Successfully pass the Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) tests in Reading, Mathematics and Writing for a Temporary Teaching Certificate
  • Successfully pass the Core tests in Reading, Mathematics and Writing; one of the Praxis Principles of Learning & Teaching (PLT) tests; and the appropriate content test(s) for an Initial Educator Certificate. See the test requirements page for more details on these tests.
Do I need to send my official Praxis scores to the Guam Commission for Educator Certification?

Yes, we require official score reports, not copies of your scores. Please designate our office as a score recipient. Our code is R7150. This will allow ETS to send your official score report to us.