The information on this page applies only to the following tests:
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics test (5733)
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined (5752)
- Elementary Education Assessment: Mathematics and Science (5008)
- Elementary Education: Math Specialist (5037)
- Elementary Education: Mathematics—CKT (7813)
- Business Education: Content Knowledge (5101)
- Pennsylvania Grades 4–8 Core Assessment (5152)
- Pennsylvania Grades 4–8 Core Assessment: Mathematics and Science (5155)
- Pennsylvania Grades 4–8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics (5158)
- Pennsylvania Grades 4–8 Subject Concentration: Science (5159)
Some of the computations you'll need to perform to answer a question on the Elementary Education: Mathematics and Science CKT tests are somewhat time-consuming, such as long division or finding square roots. For such computations, you can use the calculator provided with your test.
Although the calculator can shorten the time it takes to perform some computations, keep in mind that the calculator provides results that supplement, but don’t replace, your knowledge of mathematics. You’ll need to use your mathematical knowledge to determine whether the calculator's results are reasonable and how the results can be used to answer a question.