The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) contracts with ETS® for the tests listed below. Find Oregon test dates and testing locations.
This overview of the testing requirements for Oregon pertains to licensure in the following areas:
- Agriculture Science
- Business Marketing
- Career Trades: Generalist
- Reading Interventionist
- Special Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Special Education: Early Interventionist
- Special Education: Visually Impaired
- Speech (Forensics)
- ETS discontinued paper-delivered testing; however, Praxis tests will continue to be available in a paper-delivered format as required for ADA accommodations. All scores for previously administered paper-delivered tests are reportable for 10 years from the date the test was taken.
- If you test in Oregon at a testing center or using the Praxis at home solution, and your Praxis profile address is in Oregon, your score report will be sent automatically to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
- If you test outside Oregon or your Praxis profile address is not in Oregon, your scores are NOT automatically sent to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. To have your scores sent to the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, you must select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) as a score recipient when you register.
- For all methods of Praxis testing, to request additional score reports you must select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) with each additional score report request.
- If you are seeking licensure in other areas, please contact TSPC at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web page at: http://www.oregon.gov/TSPC/Pages/index.aspx
Who Must Take the Tests?
All new teacher candidates or those wishing to become licensed in Oregon in the above areas only must take the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessments.
- About the Praxis Tests
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs