Overview of Oregon Testing Requirements
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) contracts with ETS for the tests listed below. Find Oregon testing locations and test dates.
This overview of the testing requirements for Oregon pertains to licensure in the following areas:
- Agriculture Science
- Business Marketing
- Career Trades: Generalist
- Reading Interventionist
- Special Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Special Education: Early Interventionist
- Special Education: Visually Impaired
- Speech (Forensics)
- If you test in Oregon at a test center or at home, and your Praxis profile address is in Oregon, your score report will be sent automatically to the Oregon TSPC.
- If you test outside Oregon or your Praxis profile address is not in Oregon, your scores are NOT automatically sent to the Oregon TSPC. To have your scores sent to the Oregon TSPC, you must select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) as a score recipient when you register.
- For all methods of Praxis testing, to request additional score reports you must select the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (state code 8700) with each additional score report request.
- ETS discontinued paper-delivered testing; however, Praxis tests will continue to be available in a paper-delivered format as required for ADA accommodations. All scores for previously administered paper-delivered tests are reportable for 10 years from the date the test was taken.
- If you are seeking licensure in other areas, please contact the Oregon TSPC or visit our web page
Who must take the tests?
All new teacher candidates or those wishing to become licensed in Oregon in the above areas only must take the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessments.
Other programs used in Oregon
Measures your knowledge and skills in reading, writing and mathematics to assist in classrooms