Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other ETS or ETS affiliate’s ("ETS," "we," "us," "our") materials or agreements with you, you consent to the terms and conditions herein by registering for or taking an ETS test, creating an online account or using our Website, providing survey information or requesting one of our services or completing order or payment information. You agree that we have the right to obtain, store (only for as long as necessary), use and transmit your personal information including, full name, home address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, passport number, biometric data such as fingerprints, audio recordings and video files and your answers to other background information questions, the test you are registering for, test date, payment information, how you specifically use our Website (“Personal Information”).
We use your Personal Information to:
- complete any registration, purchases or other transactions you request online
- improve our products and services, and identify, develop and offer new or expanded products and services
- improve and personalize your experience on the Website
- notify you about updates, products, services and/or special offers from ETS, its affiliates and selected third parties
- ask you to participate in brief surveys or provide other information
- generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research ourselves or jointly with others related to our products and services and the use of our Website
Based upon your specific relationship(s) with us for a particular product or service, we may use your Personal Information in ways described in more detail in one or more other agreements.
Additionally, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information within and outside of your country of residence and outside of the location where you have taken the test(s).
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties with whom we have a direct or indirect business or contract relationship, to provide the products and services you have requested.
You will have the ability to opt out of receiving certain communications from us, including voicemail or email. If you do not opt out immediately, but later decide that you would prefer not to receive email communications from us, please contact that particular testing program through www.ets.org. Remember, however, that we may still send email or call you in order to provide a product or service that you request.
Australia requires ETS to provide notification to AU residents. For Australian residents only, please be informed that if you consent to the overseas disclosure of the information or transfer of your data outside of Australia, ETS and its affiliates will not be required to take reasonable steps to ensure that ETS or its affiliates’ use of such data outside of Australia does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
Educational Testing Service shall at all times protect your personal information with operational, administrative, technical and physical security safeguards. Unless your photograph images taken on the day of the test during the check-in process are being used in connection with a security investigation, ETS shall retain them for a maximum of five years after the last test you have taken.
We will keep your information as required to meet the following requirements:
- protect against fraud, theft and misrepresentation by unauthorized test takers
- purpose of identity verification
- maintain integrity of the testing process