Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
Testing accommodations are available for test takers who meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Amendments Act disability requirements.
The following accommodations are available for Praxis™ test takers:
- Extended testing time
- Additional rest breaks
- Separate testing room
- Writer/recorder of answers
- Test reader
- Sign language interpreter for spoken directions only
- Perkins Brailler
- Braille slate and stylus
- Printed copy of spoken directions
- Oral interpreter
- Audio test
- Braille test
- Large print test book (14 pt.)
- Large print answer sheet
- Listening section omitted
Note: Test takers who have health-related needs requiring them to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
See Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities for additional information.
How to Register
If you are requesting accommodations for a disability or a health-related need, you must register by mail. However, you may create a My Praxis account to view scores online and order additional score reports. Follow the steps below to register:
- Review The Praxis Series™ Information Bulletin for testing procedures and dates.
- Complete the Praxis Registration Form.
- Review the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs, complete the required forms and assemble the required eligibility documentation.
- Submit all forms, documentation and registration fees at least six weeks before the registration deadline.
- Wait for your confirmation letter, which will include important scheduling information. Please allow six weeks for your request to be processed.
If You Have Questions
Contact ETS Disability Services:
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time
- 1-866-387-8602 (Toll free for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories* and Canada)
- *Includes American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
- ETS Disability Services
PO Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054 USA