Preferred Forms of Payment
- Credit/debit card — American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard®, VISA®, Diners Club International®, RuPay Global® or UnionPay®
- U.S. Postal Service money order
- Bank check drawn on a bank in the United States, in U.S. dollars only
- eCheck drawn on a bank in the United States, in U.S. dollars only. An eCheck can be used to register online or by phone.
- Authorization voucher
Note: After entering your credit card account number and selecting "Process Payment," you may be given the option to pay in the currency supported by your card issuer or in USD.
Note: If you are testing in Nigeria, only VISA, PayPal and authorization vouchers are accepted.
If you have previously created a Praxis account online and you are testing at a U.S. test center, you may register by phone. There is an additional $35 surcharge to register by phone. At least three full days before your test date, call ETS at 1-800-772-9476 Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. ET, and pay by credit card, debit card or authorization voucher.
Mail a paper check (cashier's or personal) drawn on a bank in the United States, in U.S. dollars only, or U.S. Postal Service money order made payable to "Educational Testing Service — Praxis" or "ETS — Praxis" along with a completed required form to the address:
P.O. Box 382065
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-8065
Security When Processing Payment
ETS processes payments with your security in mind. This may impact your online experience. Visa Secure/Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, American Express, SafeKey, and Discover ProtectBuy are 3D Secure (3DS) online fraud prevention measures used by card companies as an added layer of security to protect cardholder account information.
During the payment process you may be asked by your card-issuing bank to verify cardholder identity by entering an authentication code known only to the cardholder and the bank. Failure to enter the required information or entry of invalid information will result in the sale being rejected. If you don't know your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are not being given the option to enroll online in the bank's pop-up screen, then you will need to contact your bank.
Other Payment Policies
- All payments must be for the full amount. If you do not include the correct fee with mail requests, your registration or service request may be returned.
- All fees are stated in U.S. dollars.
- A $30 service fee is applied when payment is dishonored, and services have been rendered in accordance with ETS Terms and Conditions.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- Cash payments cannot be accepted.
- Payments made by check or money order must be in U.S. dollars, drawn on a bank in the United States and made payable to "ETS — Praxis." By sending your check, you are authorizing ETS, at its discretion, to use the information on your check to make a one-time electronic debit from your account for the amount of your check. You will not be charged a processing fee for the electronic debit service.
- If paying by check:
- Check must include pre-printed:
- Check number
- Bank name and address
- Payer name and address
- Checks must be signed — typewritten payer name and address, in place of signature, is NOT acceptable.
- Post-dated checks are NOT acceptable.
- Check date CANNOT be over 90 days old.
- During the payment process, you may be asked by your card-issuing bank to verify cardholder identity by entering an authentication code. Failure to enter the required information or entry of invalid information will result in the sale being rejected. If you don't know your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are not being given the option to enroll online in the bank's pop-up screen, then you will need to contact your bank.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account to cover a registration or service(s) we have processed on your behalf, your scores will be withheld, you will be unable to register for additional tests, and an additional, nonrefundable service fee of US$30 will be added to your account. You will receive your scores as soon as the total outstanding balance has been cleared. Contact ETS to learn about other payment options if you prefer not to have your check used in this way.
- Check must include pre-printed:
- PayPal payments may only be made online. You cannot use a PayPal account to pay over the phone or register by mail.
- All outstanding balances incurred from prior ETS tests and/or services must be paid in full to register for any future ETS test or service.
- ETS reserves the right to add or delete payment options at its own discretion and without notice.