Your entire test session will be recorded by ProctorU® and monitored by a human proctor, and your photo will be taken.
Interacting with the Proctor
- During the test, the proctor will monitor you (via video camera) and your computer screen to ensure you follow all testing procedures.
- Make sure you can be seen on camera by the proctor. To ensure the security of the test, the proctor must be able to view your face from forehead to chin at all times. Suspicious movements could invalidate your test.
- If you need to contact the proctor during your test, speak to get their attention and/or use the LogMeIn chat. It may take 30–60 seconds for the proctor to reply.
- If the proctor is attempting to chat with you, the blue owl will bounce up and down.
Testing Policies and Procedures
Be sure to follow all testing rules. Otherwise, your test can be canceled, and your fee won't be refunded.
- Don't use any unauthorized materials, including mobile devices, prewritten notes or textbooks.
- Personal recording devices of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- You must disable any screen-sharing or remote-access software (such as Zoom, Skype™, TeamViewer™, Microsoft Teams™ and Apple Remote Desktop™) prior to the test. It must remain disabled throughout the test. Make sure that the software will not open automatically during the test.
- Don't communicate with anyone else except the proctor, including during scheduled and unscheduled breaks.
- There may be references to using a headset during your test. Ignore them; headsets are NOT allowed in the tests at home.
Most tests don't include a break. However, you have the option to take a five- to 10-minute unscheduled restroom break. Learn more about unscheduled breaks .
Canceling Your Scores
If you think you didn't perform to your potential, you will have the option to cancel your scores at the end of your test, but before viewing your unofficial score. Learn more about canceling your scores.