Learn what to expect during your Praxis® test at a test center.
What to Expect on the Day of Your Test
Prepare for the test center experience as this video walks you through the process from check in to completing your exam.
You can watch additional Praxis videos in the Video Library.
The following rules are in place to protect the security of the testing process. They begin at sign in and end at sign out (including breaks):
- Complete and sign the Confidentiality and Regulations Agreement provided to you at the test center. If you don't, you can't test, and your fees will NOT be refunded.
- You may need to sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- Use only the scratch paper given to you by the test administrator. You may not bring your own scratch paper to the test or remove scratch paper from the testing room. (For paper-delivered tests administered as an accommodation for a disability, you may use the test book for scratch work. Scratch paper isn't provided except as an approved accommodation.)
- Use graphing, scientific and four-function calculators only where allowed or required. For detailed information, see Calculator Use.
- Raise your hand if you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator's help at any time during the test.
- Use the allotted 30 minutes of practice time for the tutorial and other untimed sections prior to the test. This allows you to become familiar with the computer functions and will help make your computer-delivered testing experience go smoothly. You may not use scratch paper during this time.
Most tests don't include a break. However, you have the option to take a five- to 10-minute unscheduled restroom break. Learn more about unscheduled breaks.
Canceling Your Scores
If you feel you didn't perform to your potential, you will have the option to cancel your scores at the end of your test, but before viewing your unofficial score. Learn more about canceling your scores.
After the Test
Once the exam is complete, you can expect the following procedures:
- Test center staff will control access to the lockers or storage area to maintain social distancing while you retrieve your belongings.
- At test centers with log sheets, you'll be asked to sign out with the pen or pencil provided at check in, then place the used pen or pencil in a holding tub.
- You must return all scratch paper by placing it in the secure bin or location as instructed by test center staff.
- Test center staff may clean all surfaces, including each workstation and administrative desk, at the start and end of the test day and between test sessions. They'll use gloves when cleaning the pens/pencils and putting them back into stock.