The ProEthica® program is an online and self-paced training program with versions for both teachers and school leaders. It is composed of a series of interactive modules with real-life scenarios related to your relationships with students, the school and the community. The ProEthica program is aligned to the Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE), which serves to guide you through your most difficult ethical challenges.
The ProEthica program provides you with the opportunity to experience real-life situations, make choices and think through the possible consequences of your choices. The program, housed in a learning management system, provides:
- a series of engaging learning modules with videos, simulations and activities based on real-life scenarios
- convenient online access for individual exploration
- a learning progression with built-in checks
The individualized learning format of the ProEthica program puts you in the driver’s seat, and allows you to work at your own pace while you decide how you would handle each scenario. You will receive detailed feedback on the choices you make, and how the MCEE might guide you in similar situations.
In the ProEthica program for Teachers, you will learn:
- how to better balance the often competing obligations and expectations in your relationships with students, your school and your community
- general obligations under the law, relevant regulations and best practices
- the principles embodied in the MCEE
In the ProEthica program for School Leaders, you will learn:
- how you can establish and support a culture of professionalism in education — in relationships with students, your schools and your communities
- ethical understanding to guide decision making
- the specific regulations and expectations for school leaders
Both the ProEthica program for Teachers and the ProEthica program for School Leaders are available at two levels:
- ProEthica® Foundations: an introduction to the application of professional ethics to decision making
- ProEthica® Essentials: a more advanced exploration of ethical challenges and how to apply the principles of the MCEE in your daily practice
Interested in Participating in Educator Ethics Training?
The ProEthica Program is now offered on EduPlanet21. Earn CPE Credit in New York and Pennsylvania!
Watch this video to hear how the MCEE is paving the way for resources that will support educators in developing their ethical decision-making skills. (3 min., 25 sec.)
Troy Hutchings explains the importance of professional ethics as a standard of practice in education. Read these articles recently published by RealClearEducation.com.