ETS is committed to serving students with disabilities or health-related needs by providing reasonable accommodations that are appropriate given the purpose of the test. You should make arrangements for administering the ETS® Proficiency Profile to students with disabilities or health-related needs in the same way that you would make arrangements for administering other important local tests.
Available Testing Accommodations
- The most common request is for extra time and that can be accomplished at the discretion of the institution. Time extensions are available for 1-1/2 and 2 times the normal test time. Instructions on how to set up a student with extended time are included in the ETS® Proficiency Profile Administration Manual in Program Workshop.
- For students who have difficulty filling in the bubbles on answer sheets, we suggest that students circle their answers in the test book. After the testing session, the test administrator would need to transfer the answers to an answer sheet for processing by ETS. The student's test book should be attached to the answer sheet. At the discretion of the institution, a reader or scribe may also be assigned to work with the student.
- The ETS Proficiency Profile is available in braille, large print and audio formats for students with low vision. If a reader is required, you must contact ETS to request a reader script for the test.
Timeframes for Requests
Requests for alternate formats must be made in advance to allow ETS time to process the request and create the necessary materials. Suggested timeframes are as follows:
- large print tests — seven weeks in advance
- reader scripts — 10 weeks in advance
- braille or audio formats — 12–14 weeks in advance
Contacting ETS Disability Services
For additional information on testing accommodations available for students with disabilities or health-related needs, contact an ETS Advisor at 1-800-745-0269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order tests, manage test administrations, run reports (for existing customers only)
Compare the performance of your students with those of a large group of students at other institutions.