Refer to the materials listed below as you prepare to administer the ETS® Proficiency Profile.
- ETS Proficiency Profile User's Guide — provides detailed information about the design of the ETS Proficiency Profile forms and various testing formats and guidelines for score data use.
- Administrator Manual — provides instructions for administrator roles for the online test format
- Proctor Manual — provides step-by-step instructions for conducting online test administrations
- Supervisor's Manual — provides step-by-step instructions for paper-and-pencil test administrations
- Processing Request Form — must be included with completed tests when returning them to ETS for scoring
- Supervisor's Report Form — is used to report procedural irregularities during testing
Existing ETS Proficiency Profile customers may access the test administration system (Program Workshop) directly.
For more information about how the ETS Proficiency Profile can help your institution, contact an ETS Advisor.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
You should make arrangements for administering the ETS Proficiency Profile to students with disabilities or health-related needs in the same way that you would make arrangements for administering other important local tests.
The most common request is for extra time and that can be accomplished at the discretion of the institution. Time extensions are available for 1-1/2 and 2 times the normal test time. Instructions on how to set up a student with extended time are included in the ETS Proficiency Profile Proctor Manual.
For students who have difficulty filling in the bubbles on answer sheets, we suggest that students circle their answers in the test book. After the testing session, the test administrator would need to transfer the answers to an answer sheet for processing by ETS. The student’s test book should be attached to the answer sheet. At the discretion of the institution, a reader or scribe may also be assigned to work with the student.
Additionally the ETS Proficiency Profile is available in braille, large print and audio formats for students with low vision. If a reader is required, you must contact ETS to request a reader script for the test.
Requests for alternate formats must be made in advance to allow ETS time to process the request and create the necessary materials. Suggested timeframes are as follows:
- large print tests — seven weeks in advance
- reader scripts — 10 weeks in advance
- braille or audio formats — 12–14 weeks in advance
For additional information on testing accommodations available for students with disabilities or health-related needs, contact an ETS Advisor at 1-800-745-0269 or email@example.com.
Order tests, manage test administrations, run reports (for existing customers only)
Compare the performance of your students with those of a large group of students at other institutions.