The Learning and Assessment Foundations and Innovations Center is comprised of a team of cognitive scientists, data scientists, statisticians, psychometricians, Natural Language Processing specialists and literacy researchers who conduct foundational research to improve learning and assessment.
The knowledge and capabilities developed by center staff are designed to:
- drive innovation to inform assessment development
- design effective learning and assessment environments
- provide opportunity for underserved learners
Our research includes the development and evaluation of assessment innovations used in:
- collaborative learning environments
- innovative approaches to process data
- research on metacognition and self-regulation
- approaches to personalized learning
- automated scoring
- research on literacy development
The center is organized into three groups. Learn more about each one and view current projects and sample publications.