Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
Start Your Registration with ETS
Log in, select the Test At Home option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU®
Once you've registered with ETS, you can complete your registration with ProctorU and pick the date and time for your appointment. Currently, at home administrations are available around the clock, seven days a week through December 31, 2020. You may be able to choose an appointment as soon as 24 hours after you register.
Register Through Your ProctorU Account
For a step-by-step demonstration of how you'll complete your registration with ProctorU, watch the Schedule a ProctorU Session video.
To select your test date and time:
- Create your ProctorU account using the link and temporary password from the ProctorU email. If you already have a ProctorU account from another test, do not use it for this test.
- Select Schedule next to your purchased exam.
- Choose the date and time you'd like to take the exam and click Select, then Schedule.
- When complete, you will receive a confirmation message on screen and via email.
Rescheduling an At Home Appointment
If you need to reschedule a GRE® General Test at home appointment:
- Log in to your ProctorU account and select the Reschedule button for your at home test. You can reschedule your test any time prior to your appointment date and time.
- You can utilize the ProctorU Live Chat option within your account or call ProctorU at 1-855-772-8678. Support is available 24/7.
- You may also contact ProctorU via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canceling an At Home Appointment
If you need to cancel a GRE General Test at home appointment:
- Contact ETS Test Taker Services via Live Chat. Support is available 24/7.
- Contact ETS Test Taker Services by phone at 1-609-771-7670 or 1-866-473-4373.
- You must cancel at least four days in advance of your test date to receive a partial refund, which is the standard GRE General Test cancellation policy.