Business Schools: Don't take our word for it. Why the GRE® test is the best at home test.
May 12, 2020
At this challenging time, ETS is working hard to help applicants and business schools stay on track. Our newest innovation is the GRE® General Test at home, which more than 35,000 prospective applicants in 100+ countries and territories have already registered to take over the next few weeks. See what your peers are saying about the test.
We're proud of this offering, not only because we are the first mover within our industry — managing to wholly change our delivery model in just six weeks — but because our offering is the most complete at home graduate admissions test on the market today. Check out our chart that shows how the GRE General Test at home compares with GMAT® online (PDF). Of course, you don't need to take our word for it — access articles on Poets & Quants, Clear Admit and Applicant Lab to judge for yourself.
Accepting the GRE General Test scores can help your business school:
- expand and diversify your applicant pool by providing access to 500,000+ individuals worldwide with broader interests and backgrounds, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields
- measure the critical skills important for your MBA and specialized master's programs
The GRE General Test at home is one of many ways we offer support to business schools and your prospective candidates.
Support for Business Schools
- Recruitment support
- Prospect search tools including the GRE® Search Service, an online database with information about a half million individuals from around the world who have recently taken or plan to take a GRE® test. You can filter by 30+ criteria and create targeted mailing lists of qualified prospects to incorporate into your ongoing recruitment campaigns.
- A complimentary webinar that shares promising practices around how to cost-effectively target prospective applicants and keep them engaged throughout the process. If you can't make the live event, you can still register to receive a link to the content afterward.
- Free event promotion to inform prospects about your online information sessions and recruitment events through our official GRE General Test communities on Facebook®, Weibo and WeChat, which have more than 1.4 million followers combined.
- Admissions support
- Free online access to up to five years of your applicants' GRE score reports, including test taker photos and actual GRE Analytical Writing essay responses.
- A toolkit of resources for those who advise prospective students.
- Admissions best practices curated from graduate and professional schools, including information about using GRE scores and a digital guide for implementing a holistic admissions process.
- A prepaid voucher service to directly support prospective students with financial need.
Support for Applicants
- Comprehensive free test prep including two simulations of the actual test experience.
- A 50% fee reduction that eligible test takers can use to offset the cost of any GRE test, including the at home test, and to score some extra free test prep.
- Accommodations for test takers with disabilities and health-related needs.
- Free diagnostic information to help test takers understand their performance on the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning sections on their actual test.
Alberto Acereda, Ph.D., MBA
Global Higher Education Division, ETS