HiSET® Exam at Home
To meet the needs of test takers who can't test at a test center because of public health concerns, ETS is offering the HiSET® exam at home option. With the at home option, you can take any of the five subtests that make up the HiSET exam on your own computer at home or in another secure location.
Each subtest delivered at home has the same content, format and on-screen experience as the test you would take at a test center. Your at home appointment will be monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®.
Currently, at home appointments are available 15 hours a day, seven days a week.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible to take the HiSET exam at home if you meet these four criteria:
- You are 18 years of age or older. This requirement applies in all states, even those that allow testing if you are 16 or 17 years of age.
- You meet your HiSET state requirements.
- Your computer meets the equipment requirements for the test, including the installation of the ETS Test Browser and the ProctorU Systems Check.
- You have a room that meets the environment requirements for the test.
Ready to Get Started?
Watch our HiSET exam at home video for a preview of the entire testing from home process, including:
- equipment and environment requirements
- two-step registration process
- what to expect on test day
- after the test
Please follow the steps below, IN ORDER, to make sure you meet the requirements and register correctly. The printable at home preparation checklist can help guide you through the steps.
Equipment and Environment Requirements
Make sure your computer and testing room meet these requirements before you register.
Start Your Registration with ETS
Log in, select the Test At Home option and pay for your subtest.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, choose a test date and time, and complete your registration.
The Testing Experience
Learn about testing procedures and what to expect when you take the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.