Equipment and Environment Requirements
Make sure your computer and testing room meet these requirements before you register.
Register for the Test
Log in, select the Test At Home option, and schedule and pay for your subtest.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn about testing procedures and what to expect when you take the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Register for the Test
Before You Start
- Review the Equipment and Environment Requirements. If you haven't, and your computer and testing room don't meet these requirements, you won't be able to test.
- Check your state requirements and HiSET state residency polices.
- Have your identification (ID) documents ready. Visit ID Requirements to see what forms of ID are considered acceptable.
- If you don't have a HiSET account, create an account. Make sure the name in your account matches the name on your primary ID.
- Determine which subtest you would like to register for. You can register for one or more.
- If you need accommodations for a disability or a health-related need, you must request them before you register for a test.
How to Register
Follow these steps to register for an at home appointment:
- Log in to your account.
- On your HiSET account home page, select Register for a HiSET Exam.
- On the Schedule Tests page, select the Test at Home option.
- Select which subtest(s) you would like to register for.
- Choose your test date and time for each subtest.
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your subtest(s).
- When you finish, you'll receive a confirmation email with your test order details.
Rescheduling an At Home Appointment
If you need to reschedule your at home test, you must do by 11:59 p.m. local time, the day before your scheduled appointment. You can reschedule through your HiSET account.
Canceling an At Home Appointment
If you need to cancel your at home appointment, you must cancel by 11:59 p.m. local time, the day before your scheduled appointment, to receive a full refund of your HiSET subtest fee. Note that state fees are nonrefundable. You can cancel through your HiSET account.