The Praxis®/SLS tests at home solution can help keep your future education plans on track from the comfort and safety of home. Make sure to review these requirements and procedures so that you're properly registered and ready to take the test at home.
- Computer: Desktop/laptop with Windows® operating system version 10, 8 or 7, or a Mac® computer with Mac OS® X 10.5 or higher (10.13 High Sierra recommended)
- Browser: Chrome™ or Firefox® browser
- Speaker: internal or external; not part of a headset
- Microphone: internal or external; not part of a headset
- Camera: internal or external, to show a 360-degree view of room
Test Browser and Systems Check
- Install the ETS Test Browser
To fully install, be sure to run the file after downloading.
- Systems Check: Run the ProctorU® Systems Check from the same computer and in the same technical environment you'll use to test to accurately measure bandwidth usage. Fix all issues before test day.
- Log in to your Praxis account or SLS account to start your registration and pay for your test. You'll choose your test date and time in a later step.
- Wait for an email from ProctorU with the link and temporary password to access your new ProctorU account.
- Use your ProctorU account to schedule your test date and time, and complete your registration.
- Check for the ProctorU confirmation email.
Before You Test
- Make sure your equipment meets the ProctorU technical requirements and any issues from the systems check are resolved prior to check-in.
- Close all browsers and applications not needed to test to prevent bandwidth issues.
- Have your ID and a small mirror or your mobile phone ready for check-in.
- Make sure your testing area is private, and free of people and distractions.
- Sit at a desk or table with a standard chair (no bed, couch or overstuffed chair). Clear the area of all items not approved for use during your test.
- Have your note-taking materials ready — a small desktop whiteboard or a blank sheet of paper with transparent sheet protector and erasable marker.
- Dress appropriately — make sure your ears and face remain visible throughout the test; don’t wear jewelry, tie clips or other accessories.
Your Test Session
- Log in to your ProctorU account at your appointment time to start your session.
- Complete the check-in steps with the proctor. Expect the entire check-in process to take about 20 minutes.
- Launch the ETS Test Browser when directed to by the proctor. The proctor will provide the password.
Review the information on this website for more in-depth information about the policies and procedures associated with at home testing, including a step-by-step look at starting your registration with ETS and completing your registration with ProctorU.
If you need help with your accounts, rescheduling or any other issue related to the at home process, contact us.