The Praxis® and SLS tests at home solution can help keep your future education plans on track from the comfort and safety of home. Make sure to review these requirements and procedures so that you're properly registered and ready to take the test at home.
- Computer: Desktop/laptop with Windows® operating system version 10 or 8, or a Mac® computer with Mac OS® X 10.5 or higher (10.13 High Sierra recommended)
- Browser: Chrome™ or Firefox® browser
- Speaker: internal or external; not part of a headset
- Microphone: internal or external; not part of a headset
- Camera: internal or external, to show a 360-degree view of room
Test Browser and Equipment Check
- Install the ETS Test Browser
To fully install, be sure to run the file after downloading.
- Equipment Check: Run the ProctorU® Equipment Check from the same computer and in the same technical environment you'll use to test to accurately measure bandwidth usage. Fix all issues before test day.
Before You Test
- Make sure your equipment meets the ProctorU technical requirements and any issues from the equipment check are resolved prior to check in.
- Close all browsers and applications not needed to test to prevent bandwidth issues.
- Have your ID and a small mirror or your mobile phone ready for check in.
- Make sure your testing area is private, and free of people and distractions.
- Sit at a desk or table with a standard chair (no bed, couch or overstuffed chair). Clear the area of all items not approved for use during your test.
- Have your note-taking materials ready — a small desktop whiteboard or a blank sheet of paper with transparent sheet protector and erasable marker.
- Dress appropriately — make sure your ears and face remain visible throughout the test; don’t wear jewelry, tie clips or other accessories.
Your Test Session
- At your appointment time, click the "At Home Check-In" link located in your ETS confirmation email or in your account.
- Complete the check-in steps with the proctor. Expect the entire check-in process to take about 20 minutes.
- The proctor will launch the ETS Test Browser and enter the password to begin the exam.
Review the information on this website for more in-depth information about the policies and procedures associated with at home testing, including a step-by-step look at registering for your test.
If you need help with your account, rescheduling or any other issue related to the at home process, contact us.