Register for the Test
Before You Start
- Make sure that the test you need to take is offered at home. See the full list of available titles.
- Verify that your computer and testing room meet the Equipment and Environment Requirements. If they don't, you won't be able to test.
- Have your identification (ID) documents ready. Visit ID Requirements to see what forms of ID are considered acceptable in the country where you are testing.
- If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one. Make sure that the name in your account matches the name on your primary ID.
How to Register
Follow these steps to register in your Praxis or SLS account:
- Log in to your account.
- When confirming your account information, verify your email address is correct. ETS will use that email address to communicate important information.
- On your account home page, select Register for a Test.
- On the Search and Select Tests page you can view all tests titles that are available for at home testing. Select which test(s) you need to take.
- On the Schedule Tests page, select the tests at home option.
- Choose a date and time for your test(s). Please note at home testing sessions are available for both a.m. and p.m. testing.
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test.
- When your order is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email from ETS with your test order details and a link to launch your exam on test day. Be sure to keep this email safe until test day.
Cancel, Reschedule or Modify Your Appointment
All changes to your registration must be done according to the policies outlined below.
- Cancellation policy: You must cancel at least three full days prior to your test date to receive a 50% refund.
- Rescheduling policy: You must reschedule your test at three full days prior to your test date. If you miss this deadline, you will not be able to reschedule your test.