TOEFL iBT® Home Edition
The TOEFL iBT® Home Edition is a safe and convenient option for students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT test at a test center due to public health concerns. The test is:
- offered everywhere that TOEFL testing is normally available, based on the country of your account address, except Mainland China and Iran
- identical in content, format and on-screen experience to a test taken at a test center
- taken on your own computer at home and monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®
- available 24 hours a day, 4 days a week, with appointments as early as 24 hours after you register
Here's How It Works
Watch our TOEFL iBT Home Edition video for a preview of the entire testing from home process including:
- equipment and environment requirements
- two-step registration process
- what to expect on test day
- after the test
To make sure you meet the requirements and properly register, you must follow the steps below in order. If you don't, you may delay the testing process or be unable to test. You may find it helpful to visit this website throughout the process to make sure you’re completing steps at the appropriate times.
Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
ETSStart Your Registration with
Log in, select the Home Edition option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.