Equipment and Environment Checklist
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
ETSStart Your Registration with
Log in, select the Special Home Edition option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
The Testing Experience
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Start Your Registration with ETS
Please note: If you wish to reschedule a standard TOEFL iBT® appointment at a test center to a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition appointment, you must contact TOEFL® Services. The instructions below are for new Special Home Edition test appointments only.
Before starting your registration, be sure to complete the Equipment and Environment Checklist. If you haven’t, and your computer and testing room don’t meet these requirements, you won’t be able to test.
Follow these steps to start your registration in your ETS account:
- Before you register, have your identification (ID) documents ready. Your primary ID should be a passport. If you do not have a passport, go to ID Requirements to see what other forms of ID are accepted in the country where you are testing.
- If you do not have an ETS account for the TOEFL iBT test, create an account. Make sure that the name in your account matches the name on your primary ID.
- Log in to your account.
- On your My TOEFL home page, select Register/Find Test Centers.
- On the Find Test Centers and Dates page, select the option for the Special Home Edition test. You will select your test date and time later with ProctorU®.
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test.
- When you finish, you will receive an email from ETS confirming your payment.
- You will also receive an email from ProctorU with a link and temporary password to access your ProctorU account and select a test date and time. You can use this immediately to reserve your test date and time. If you don’t, keep it safe for future use.
Now you are ready to complete your registration with ProctorU.