Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible to take the TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition test?
To be eligible to take the test, you must meet the following requirements:
- The option is offered in your country or location. (It is currently available everywhere that TOEFL iBT testing is normally available, with the exception of Mainland China and Iran.)
- Your computer must meet the equipment requirements for the test, including the installation of the ETS Test Browser and the ProctorU® Systems Check.
- You must have a room that provides an acceptable environment for the test.
- What do I need to do before I register for an at home test?
Before you register, make sure the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test is available in your location (currently available everywhere TOEFL iBT testing is normally available, with the exception of Mainland China and Iran), and that your equipment meets the system requirements needed to test at home.
- How do I register for the at home test?
Before you register, make sure your equipment meets the system requirements needed to test at home. If your equipment doesn't meet the requirements, you won't be able to test.
To register for a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test, you must sign in or create an ETS account and select and pay for the test. After you do so, you will receive an email from ProctorU with instructions on how to schedule your test date and time. Your registration will not be complete until you have scheduled your appointment with ProctorU.
- Is the test fee different to take the test at home?
The test fee is the same and depends on where you plan to take the test. For more information on registration, fees and locations, see How to Register.
- Do I need to schedule my at home test with ProctorU?
Yes, you will schedule your test with ProctorU using the link in the ProctorU email that you receive after you pay for the test in your ETS account.
- Can I select my own test date?
Yes, you will be able to select from available dates and times. You will schedule your test date and time in your ProctorU account.
- Can I use the TOEFL® Official App to register for the Special Home Edition?
No. Currently, you cannot register, reschedule or cancel a Special Home Edition test on the TOEFL Official App. You must register, reschedule or cancel via the website.
- Are there accommodations for test takers with disabilities?
- ETS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for test takers with documented disabilities or health-related needs. Although there will be limitations in locations, capacity and accommodations due to the nature of online proctored exams, we are working as quickly as possible to meet the needs of eligible test takers who request accommodations. Specifically, we are working to make extended test time, extra breaks and other reasonable accommodations available for at home testing in the near future.
Rescheduling or Canceling a Test
- Can I reschedule from a test center to an at home test?
Yes. If you are located in an area where the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test is available and wish to reschedule to an at home test, you will need to contact ETS. Test takers that have a test center appointment scheduled through June 2020 will be allowed to reschedule to an at home test.
- Can I reschedule my at home test to another date?
Yes, you are able to reschedule your at home test free of charge through your ProctorU account. You can reschedule your test any time prior to your appointment date and time.
- Can I reschedule my at home test to a physical test center?
No, you will not be able to reschedule an at home test appointment to a physical test center appointment. You should contact ETS to discuss your options.
- Can I cancel my at home test appointment?
Yes. If you need to cancel your TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test appointment, contact ETS. If you cancel your appointment no later than 4 days before your test date, you will receive a refund equivalent to half of the original test fee.
Identification (ID) Requirements
- What are the ID requirements for my at home test?
Your primary identification (ID) document should be a current, valid passport that shows your name, photograph and signature and is written in English-language letters. If you are unable to present a valid passport, see information on what other forms of ID can be accepted. Make sure the name on your ID matches the name you used in your ETS account.
Test Environment and Equipment
- Where can I take the test?
In order to take an at home test, you must have a private room that includes a desk or table where you will take the test. Your desk or table must be cleared of all non-testing materials.
- What type of devices (hand-held, tablet, PC) can be used for testing? Can I use a Mac®, phone or tablet?
You must use a Windows®-compatible laptop or desktop computer. You are not able to use a phone, tablet or Mac computer. Verify your equipment will meet the technical requirements.
- What if I have technical issues while I’m testing my equipment?
If you have technical issues while testing your equipment, contact ProctorU for assistance.
- Will I be allowed to use scratch paper during my exam?
You will be allowed to use an erasable marker with a small whiteboard or one blank piece of paper inside a transparency sheet during your exam. You will be asked to erase all notes in view of the proctor at the end of the test.
- How do I prepare for the test?
The same test preparation material that is available for the TOEFL iBT test can be used to prepare for the Special Home Edition test, because there is no difference in the test content.
On Test Day
- What should I wear during my test?
Dress comfortably and refrain from wearing such items as tie clips, cuff links, ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands and other hair accessories. You will be recorded during your test session and a photo from the test session will be included on your score report as part of your score record to the institutions you designated.
- What is the check-in process like?
You can review what to expect during the check-in process by watching the At Home Testing with ProctorU® video.
- Will there be someone monitoring me during my at home test session?
Yes, you will be monitored by a human proctor during your entire test session. The proctor will connect with you during the check-in process, verify your identification document and will monitor you throughout the entire session to ensure you are following all testing procedures. The proctor assigned to monitor you could be male or female.
- Will I have to submit a photo?
Your photo will be taken at the beginning of your at home test. Your photo from the test session will be made available as part of your score record to the institutions you designated to receive your scores.
- Will I be recorded during my test?
Yes, a video will be recorded during your entire test session.
- Are there breaks during the test?
The TOEFL iBT test includes a 10-minute break after the Listening section. You are permitted to leave your seat for the 10-minute break. Unscheduled breaks during the test are not allowed. Note that if you do not return on time from the scheduled 10-minute break, or if you take unscheduled breaks, your test may be terminated by the proctor.
- Will I be able to see my unofficial scores at the end of my test?
At the end of the test, you will see your unofficial scores for the Reading and Listening sections. Then you will be given the option to either report or cancel your scores.
- What if I have a technical issue during my test?
If you have technical issues immediately before your test, contact ProctorU via the Live Chat feature in your ProctorU account. If you have a technical issue during your test that prohibits you from speaking to the proctor, call ProctorU at +1-855-772-8678 for assistance.
- Can I wear a headset or earphones during my test?
No, you are not allowed to wear a headset or earphones during your test.
- Is scoring the same as for a test taken at a test center?
Yes. Because this is still a TOEFL iBT test, the scoring criteria, scoring process and score scale are exactly the same. Scores can be accepted and used in the same way as the test center version. See details about TOEFL iBT scoring.
- How and when do I get my scores?
At the end of your test, you will see your unofficial scores for the Reading and Listening sections on the screen. Your official scores will be available in your ETS account online or via the TOEFL Official App, approximately 6–10 days after you take the test.
- Will it show on my score report that I took the test at home?
Yes, your score report will show that you took the test at home. The Test Center field on the score report will indicate Special Home Edition.
- How do I send my scores to an institution?
Your test fee entitles you to request that scores be sent to as many as 4 institutions or agencies at no additional cost. You can select your free score recipients in your ETS account when you begin your registration. You may edit your score recipients in your account until 10 p.m., local test appointment time, the day before your test.
- Can I retake the test?
Yes, you can. There is no limit to the number of times you can take the test, but you cannot take it more than once in a 3-day period. If you already have a test appointment, you cannot register for another test date that is within 3 days of your existing appointment. The registration fee is due each time you register for a test date.
This policy will be enforced even if a violation is not immediately identified (for example, due to inconsistent registration information).
If the violation is identified after registration, but before the test date, your test appointment will be canceled and your test fee will not be refunded.
If the violation is not identified until after your scores have been reported, your scores will be canceled. You and any score recipients will be notified by a cancellation letter. Your test fee will not be refunded.