Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
ETSStart Your Registration with
Log in, select the Special Home Edition option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU®
Once you've registered with ETS, you'll get an email to complete your registration with ProctorU and pick the date and time for your appointment. Currently, appointments are available 24 hours a day, 4 days a week, through December 31, 2020. You may be able to choose an appointment as soon as 24 hours after you register.
If you don't receive the email from ProctorU, check your spam folder, then contact ProctorU.
Register Through Your ProctorU Account
For a step-by-step demonstration of how you'll complete your registration with ProctorU, watch the Schedule a ProctorU Session video.
To select your test date and time:
- Create your ProctorU account using the link and temporary password from the ProctorU email. If you already have a ProctorU account from another test, don’t use it for this test.
- Select Schedule next to your purchased exam.
- Choose the date and time you'd like to take the exam. Note the time zone and test time, and whether the time is a.m. or p.m. Click Select, then Schedule.
- When complete, you'll receive a confirmation message on screen and via email.
Rescheduling an At Home Appointment
If you need to reschedule a TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition appointment:
- Log in to your ProctorU account and select the Reschedule button for your at home test. You can reschedule your test any time prior to your appointment date and time.
- You can utilize the ProctorU Live Chat option within your account or call ProctorU at +1-855-772-8678. Support is available 24/7.
- You may also contact ProctorU via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canceling an At Home Appointment
If you need to cancel a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition appointment: