Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
Register for the Test
Log in, select the Home Edition option and schedule your test.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Register for the Test
Before You Start
- Verify that your computer and testing room meet the Equipment and Environment Requirements. If they don't, you won't be able to test.
- Have your identification (ID) documents ready. Your primary ID should be a passport. If you do not have a passport, go to ID Requirements to see what other forms of ID are accepted in the country where you are testing. ETS is temporarily accepting government-issued IDs with expiration dates from February 1, 2020, forward. All other ID policies still apply.
- If you don't have an ETS account for the TOEFL iBT® test, create an account. Make sure that the name in your account matches the name on your primary ID.
- If you need accommodations for a disability or health-related need, you must request them before you register for a test.
How to Register
Follow these steps to register for an at home appointment:
- Log in to your ETS account.
- On your My TOEFL home page, select Register/Find Test Centers.
- On the Find Test Centers and Dates page, select the option for the Home Edition. Note: The at home option is dependent upon the country of your account address. If you are eligible to take the test at home, based on the country, you will see the Home Edition option as you begin your registration.
- Verify your email address, then continue.
- Confirm your time zone, or select a new one.
- Choose the 2-month period you would like to take the test, then select an available test date from the calendar.
- Select an available time for your test and click “Register for this test.”
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test.
- When you finish, you’ll receive a confirmation email from ETS with your test appointment information and the link to launch your test. Be sure to keep this email safe until test day.
Rescheduling or Canceling
If you need to reschedule or cancel your at home appointment, you must do so at least 4 full days before your test date. For example, if your test is on Sunday, you must reschedule or cancel by Wednesday.
You must pay the US$60 rescheduling fee before you can register for a new test appointment.
Reschedule or cancel by one of the methods below:
- Online via your ETS account.
- By phone. You’ll need to provide your appointment number and the full name you used when you made the appointment.
- In the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada, call +1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335.
- For all other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
Note: You can't reschedule or cancel a Home Edition test by mail or email, or via the TOEFL® Official App.