Advising Applicants for Success:
Official GRE® Test Prep Update
Just as you are preparing for the next academic year, prospective graduate and business school applicants around the world are preparing to take the GRE revised General Test. The official GRE test preparation portfolio has expanded with new products and formats that you'll want to share with them. Here are some highlights:
New video! GRE® Success Starter: The test maker's guide to doing your best
This quick overview is the perfect jumpstart to test prep. In just 22 minutes, test takers get a solid review of the three test measures, a helpful tour of the test-taker friendly design features and, best of all, useful test-taking tips and strategies for doing their best. Coming soon: The next two videos in our GRE Success Starter series, which will take a closer look at the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures.
New Mobile App! Official GRE® Guide
Direct from ETS, the only official GRE app lets test takers bring the test experts with them wherever they go. The app features authentic test questions with answers and explanations plus more from The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition.
Expanded! The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition
This comprehensive preparation guide includes four complete practice tests (two in the book and two on the POWERPREP® II CD), with hundreds of authentic test questions, explanations for many answers, test-taking strategies, sample essay responses with reader commentary and more. It's available for test takers in print and eBook versions.
Coming soon! Mac-Compatible POWERPREP® II software
This free software, which includes two full-length practice tests, will be both Mac- and PC-compatible starting in July. These timed tests simulate the test-taking experience, including the test-taker friendly design features like moving back and forth and changing answers within a section, as well as the on-screen calculator.
You will find these and the full array of Official GRE Test Prep to share with prospective applicants at ets.org/gre/prepare. Help them do their best on test day!
News flash for Campus Educators! Our next GRE Test Preparation Workshop for Campus Educators will take place on September 23rd in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Apply now!
Communicating Your GRE Scores Acceptance Policy: A Handy Checklist for Score Users
With more graduate and business schools than ever accepting GRE scores around the world and more ways than ever of communicating admission requirements, it is more important than ever that your policies are accurately and consistently delivered across all your prospect touch points. This convenient checklist can help! Whether prospective applicants are on your website, texting with an admissions consultant, or reading a brochure, put these simple tasks on your to-do list to ensure they know that you accept and welcome GRE scores. You'll get the most value from the GRE program when you do!
- Update your website, brochures, viewbooks, presentations, emails, and other communications to be sure your published admission requirements consistently reflect that you accept GRE scores. You may even want to link to ets.org/gre and/or include your official GRE Institution Code.
- Communicate your GRE scores acceptance policy to staff and alumni who answer prospect questions whether on the telephone, at a computer or in the field.
- Communicate your GRE scores acceptance policy to the undergraduate Career Services Center on your campus, and to faculty who advise undergraduates about the process for applying to graduate or business school, so they are providing up-to-date information to your prospects.
- Be sure your school's listing appears here, as appropriate, and notify email@example.com if changes are needed:
- Review and share the latest edition of the GRE Guide to the Use of Scores (PDF) with the members of your program's admissions committee. The Guide is updated annually, in July.
- Let us publicize your graduate or business school's recruitment events on the official GRE revised General Test page on Facebook®. Just send your event details to firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this free, extra publicity.
The GRE® Search Service is a cost-effective way to reach prospects who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness through their GRE test performance. Select from about 30 criteria to expand your pool or refine your recruitment strategy, based on a database of 500,000+ individuals from around the world who have already taken a decisive step toward pursuing an advanced degree. At just 43 cents per name and no additional charge for re-use, your outreach plan can be incredibly effective and cost efficient.
TIP! Ask a GRE Search Service specialist to run a complimentary sample search based on your desired criteria — you'll see firsthand how this robust database can enhance your institution's recruitment efforts. To learn more, email us at email@example.com.
GRE Events and Resources
Check our website, or email the GRE Program Team.