Now Available – 2017 Test Taker Bulletin and Study Companion
Share these important updated resources with your students to help them prepare for the HiSET® exam. Now available for convenient download.
- HiSET® Test Taker Bulletin – Provides your test takers with the ins and outs of the HiSET exam. Includes detailed information about scheduling, testing policies and scoring. A must-read for test takers before they schedule their exam.
- HiSET® Study Companion – Tips and strategies to help your test takers successfully prepare and pass the HiSET exam. Everything they need to know to feel calm and confident on test day.
These and other resources can be found in the Resource section of our website mid-March.
You Asked — We Listened! You Need More Outreach Materials.
Thank you for providing us with feedback on what resources you would find most helpful for test-taker outreach. According to survey results, you need posters, brochures and templates to help you communicate with your test takers. We have developed these items and will continue to develop effective resources for you and your test takers.
Last month, we provided a flyer template to help you announce messages to your center. Now we have developed two additional pieces to use for test-taker outreach that you can order by emailing email@example.com:
- The HiSET® Test Taker Brochure, an appealing, easy-to-read booklet that provides information on the benefits, features and content of the exam, as well as test preparation resources. Included are the stories of real-life test takers who share how passing the HiSET exam has changed their lives.
- Available in packs of 20, English or Spanish, with an easily assembled display box for your center. Supplies are limited to one pack per center and fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. View a sample here.
- The HiSET® Test Taker Infographic, an 18½"-by-28" poster that visually highlights the success statistics of past test takers and how they prepared for the exam.
Quick Survey – What Do You Need From Webinars?
ETS and the HiSET program are working to provide you with resources to help you support your test takers. We will be offering webinars in the upcoming months and ask for your input to help make these sessions valuable. Please help us by answering the following five-question survey.
Celebrating Mark – HiSET Success Story
Emigrating from China to the United States in 1997, Mark quickly realized he was missing out on opportunities due to his lack of a high school diploma. Determined to succeed and encouraged by Rutherford County Adult Education Coordinator Ms. Joan, Mark passed the HiSET exam and is now enrolled in college.
Important Update for Test Center Staff
To serve you better with more timely communications updates, the HiSET program will now send test center staff operational and technical update emails directly from Test Administration Services (TAS). These important messages will no longer be included in this monthly newsletter. Please continue to read the newsletter to learn about new resources available to test takers.