Rescheduling, Canceling and Refunds
If you need to reschedule your test, you must do so at least 4 full days before your test date. For example, if your test is on a Saturday, you must reschedule or cancel by Tuesday. The fee to reschedule your test is US$30 and must be paid before you can register for a new appointment.
If you have received a free reschedule, you can schedule your new appointment up to 12 months after the original appointment date.
If you need to cancel your test for any reason, you must do so at least 4 full days before your test date to receive a 50% refund.
You can reschedule or cancel through your ETS account or by phone. By phone, be prepared to provide your appointment number and the full name you used when you made the appointment.
In the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada, call +1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335. For all other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
To receive a refund, you must cancel your registration by the deadline (4 days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday. If you do so, you'll receive a refund of 50% of the original test fee you paid.
Other refund polices are as follows:
- Refunds are in U.S. dollars and include taxes as applicable.
- Cash refunds aren't available.
- You won't receive a refund if registration procedures weren't followed or if you didn't present the required ID to the proctor.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check, please allow 8 weeks for processing.
- If you paid with a voucher, but haven't registered yet, contact the organization where you purchased the voucher. If you have a test appointment already, regular refund policies apply.
- Refunds are available for registration only. They aren't available for other services.
Refunds for Test Takers in Korea
The refund policy for tests in Korea is as follows:
- 0–7 days after you register: 100% of your test fee
- 8 days after you register to 4 days before your test date: 50% of your test fee
- 3 or fewer days before your test date, or on or after: you will not receive a refund
If you cancel your registration within the time frame to receive 100% refund, the test fee amount you paid may be credited in 2 separate transactions to your credit/debit card. Each transaction will be for 50% of the fee.
If you registered for the test after the normal registration deadline and paid the late registration fee, that fee also will be refunded.
Refunds will not be provided if you didn't follow the proper registration procedures or didn’t present the required identification at the test center.
- Sign in / Register
- About the Test
- Take the Test
- Prepare for the Test
- On Test Day
- Policies and Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us