At Home Testing
You can test from almost anywhere in the world with a reliable internet connection. Be sure to check the equipment and environment requirements for specific information before you register.
Get an overview of the entire process for taking the TOEFL® Essentials™ test from home. Also, see our tips for making sure your home internet connection is ready for the test.
Are You Ready to Register and Take the Test?
In order to be able to take the TOEFL Essentials test, you must:
- have a PC or Mac® computer with Chrome™ or Firefox® browser and a stable internet connection
- meet the ProctorU® minimum technical requirements
- download, install and run the ETS Secure Test Browser (Windows® version or Mac version)
- run and pass the ProctorU Equipment check
- have a private area to take the test
- properly prepare your testing area (cleared tabletop with standard chair)
- use a speaker and microphone (no headsets)
- wear appropriate clothing with ears visible
- use only approved note-taking materials
- Sign in / Register
- About the Test
- Take the Test
- Prepare for the Test
- On Test Day
- Policies and Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us