AP Application Process
- I've submitted an application to become an AP® Reader. Why haven't I heard anything?
Please check your spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are sent an acknowledgment notification that we have received your application. If you are approved, you will sign an offer letter. Once you sign your offer letter, you will receive access to your Reader portal to begin the onboarding process. In the Reader portal, you can review your profile and complete other required documents through DocuSign®. You will not be placed in the pool of eligible Readers for your subject until you complete the onboarding process.
To help ensure you receive emails from us, please add these addresses to your email address book, contacts and/or "Safe Senders" list: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- What do I need to include in my application in order to be considered for AP?
Please be sure to include the following:
- CV/Resume that highlights your most recent teaching experience in chronological order
- Syllabus with your name, the course title and the name of the institution and the year(s) in which you have taught the course
Please fill out the questions on the application in its entirety and as thoroughly as possible. There are six steps to complete the application.
- What is the review process for an AP Reader application?
- When your application is complete, i.e., uploading your resume and course syllabus (including instructor name, contact information and regular schedule of assignments/assessments), along with the questions, your application will be reviewed for eligibility.
- Upon passing the first level of review by the AP Recruiter, your application is then reviewed by the Chief Reader.
- If your application is approved by the Chief Reader, you will receive an approval letter, outlining next steps for the completion of your new hire paperwork from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the status of my AP Reader application?
- The AP Reader application has six sections that must be completed before processing: (1) contact information, (2) application, (3) programs, (4) questions, (5) documents/resume and (6) EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) forms.
- Completed applications are processed in the order they are received. In some subjects, the Reader pool is so large that the review time may take up to four weeks.
- If you have questions regarding the status of your Reader application, please contact email@example.com.
- When can I expect to hear whether or not my AP Reader application is approved?
- When you complete your application, you will receive an email from us informing you that your application has been received. Due to the volume of interest and program needs, the application review and approval process can take up to four weeks to complete. After this time, approved Readers/Raters/Scorers will receive an offer letter via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is not approved, you will receive notification via an email from email@example.com.
- Why was my application "not approved?"
ETS receives many applications from quality candidates. Regrettably, we cannot accept all applicants. The guidelines for approval to score AP Exams are stringent and there are many reasons why an application may be not approved. For example:
- You are not currently affiliated with an educational institution (i.e., high school, college or university).
- You are not currently teaching the college course comparable to the AP course (as described in its Course Description booklet) for which you applied to serve as a Reader.
- You are not currently teaching the AP course for which you applied to serve as a Reader.
- You currently have not completed two years of face-to-face classroom teaching experience in the AP course for which you applied to serve as a Reader.
Please consider reviewing our Scoring Job Opportunities page for other possible Rater positions.
- I have previously scored for ETS. Do I need to submit any paperwork?
- If you have already completed all of the required new hire documents, there is no need to resubmit your paperwork. If you previously scored for ETS and still have outstanding incomplete paperwork, our Strategic Workforce Solutions (Human Resources) Onboarding Team will contact you for the completion of any missing documentation. It is important that you complete and electronically sign requested documents as soon as possible.
- What happens after I complete all of my new hire paperwork including Form I-9?
- When all of your paperwork has been received and processed, you will receive a final email with your username and password, giving you access to the Employee Self-Service Portal. Also, your name will be added to the pool of qualified Readers for your subject. If you are selected to attend the Reading, you will be contacted by the Scoring and Reporting Operations Department starting January through May.
- Am I guaranteed an invitation to an AP Reading?
- No, invitations to a Reading are not guaranteed. The AP Program is committed to ensuring that as many education professionals as possible get to participate in the AP Reading. It is not uncommon to be invited to the Reading in one year and not in the next year. Declining or not receiving an invitation in the current year has no impact on a Reader's eligibility for the next year and Readers remain eligible to be invited.
- I am an existing Reader and would like to switch from my current AP subject.
- AP policy allows Readers to participate in and be active in one subject area at a time. If you are interested in additional roles within the AP program, you have to remove yourself from your current subject in the Employee Portal. Please email Raterinfo@ets.org, or call toll free 1-877-800-3504 and select option 1.
- I am an existing Reader/Rater/Scorer. How do I update my personal information?
The ETS Rater Portal is a self-service online tool, allowing employees the ability to update records on their own. Please access the Portal to update your personal information. Please be sure you are accessing the correct link, www.ets.org/raters, and your cache has been cleared. The "Profile and Payroll" tab will lead you to the Oracle page. Click on the "Main Menu" tab, then "Self-Service," then "Personal Information." You should be able to update your information under the "Personal Information Summary" tab.
If you experience difficulties with accessing the system, please call 1-855-U-ASK-ETS (1-855-827-5387). Please follow Option 1, followed by Option 1 again, and then, after a brief message, Option 2. One of our Technical Support team members will assist you with your username and password.
- Is this a full- or part-time position?
- This is a part-time position. The AP Reading is held once a year in June for seven days.
- I have a question concerning payroll and general taxation?
- Please call 1-855-U-ASK-ETS (1-855-827-5387). You will be prompted to press 3 for our taxation area.
- Can I score outside of the United States?
- No, scoring outside of the United States is not permitted. All Readers participating in online scoring programs must perform their work within the continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico. Readers must have authorization to work for remuneration in the United States.
- My application is stuck on the EEO tab at 86 percent. The top of the page reads "ALERT! Information contained on this page is what we have on file for you. All updates to this information must be done in your Employee Self-Service portal." Am I blocked from submitting the application?
- As an existing Reader/Rater/Scorer your EEO information is already on file and your application has been received. You may disregard the error message.
- I walked away from my computer and my application shut down. What do I do?
- It is important you DO NOT create another profile.
- Please go back to the ETS website.
- Click on the link "Careers," then "Scoring Job Opportunities."
- Click on the "Submit a Job Application" option on the right side.
- Log in using your username/email ID and password.
- For additional help, click on the LiveChat® option located at the bottom of the page on the right side.
- If you do not remember your information, click on the "Forgot Password" or "Forgot Username/Email" links.
Questions About the I-9 Form
- I received a request to submit personal documents via DocuSign. Is it secure?
- DocuSign is our third-party vendor, used to support completion of documents via an e-signature. DocuSign has comprehensive and fully audited policies to ensure that your documents remain secure, confidential and enforceable. In addition, DocuSign ensures that the signer's identity can be authenticated. ETS makes every effort to protect the privacy and security of employee data.
- I have completed my New Hire Packet and Employment Eligibility Form (Form I-9) via DocuSign. Can you please confirm receipt?
After you have electronically signed all of your paperwork, you will receive a confirmation email via DocuSign which will appear as:
If this communication goes to your spam folder, please find email from address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why isn't my portion (candidate) of the Form I-9 complete?
Please go to the document and check the following:
- Page 3 (LIST of ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS) has an initial box in the lower right corner. Please make sure you click it and initial.
- All red boxed fields must be completed.
- List your Social Security card or birth certificate for List C. Fill in the document title, issuing authority line, document number and the expiration line for this document. The expiration date for your Social Security card or birth certificate can be N/A or None as long as it is listed in the correct location (List C).
- If you can still click the attach button, the document is looking for another attachment. Upload your documents again. Result: A box will appear asking if you want to upload another document. Please click no.
- Click the yellow "Finish" button at the bottom or the "Confirm Signing" button on the side. Result: Your document will be completed and sent to your authorized representative.
- Who is my authorized representative?
- Your authorized representative is anyone you select who can attest to the fact that the documents that are being presented to ETS are true and authentic.
- ETS, as the remote employer, cannot be in your presence and examine the documents. Therefore, we are instructed to ask that someone do it on our behalf. We grant you the ability to select this person because we do not have an active ETS person accessible to you.
- Why hasn't my authorized representative received my documents?
- You must click the yellow "Finish" button at the bottom or the "Confirm Signing" button on the side. This will appear when you have filled in all the necessary candidate portions of the I-9 Form.
- Some email servers mark the email as spam due to the content of the email. Please have your authorized representative check their Spam or Junk mail folder for the following email address email@example.com. If your authorized representative is unable to locate the email in their Inbox or Spam folders, please let the ETS sender know.