Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
ETS is committed to serving test takers with disabilities or health-related needs by providing services and accommodations that are reasonable and appropriate given the purpose of the test. Testing accommodations are available for test takers with disabilities or health-related needs who meet ETS requirements.
The Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs contains procedures for requesting testing accommodations and forms. The Supplement should be used in conjunction with the information in The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin.
Note: All test takers requesting any accommodations must register through ETS Disability Services and have their accommodations approved before their test can be scheduled. Your request should be submitted by mail or email as early as possible, especially if you are requesting an alternate test format. Documentation review takes approximately six weeks once your request and complete paperwork have been received. If additional documentation must be submitted, it can be another six weeks from the time the new documentation is received until the review is complete. Test takers requesting accommodations cannot register using the online registration system.
Although you must register through ETS Disability Services, you must still create a My SLS account to view scores online and order additional score reports.
If you have a health-related need that requires you to bring equipment, beverages, or snacks into the testing room, or to take extra or extended breaks, you must follow the accommodations request procedures in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
How to Register
Follow the steps below to register:
- Review The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin for testing procedures and dates.
- Complete the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form.
- Review the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs, complete the required forms and assemble the required eligibility documentation.
- Submit all forms, documentation and test fees to ETS Disability Services at least six weeks before your desired test date. If you prefer to pay online, do not send your payment. You can pay online after your accommodation has been approved.
- Wait for your authorization letter, which will include important scheduling information. Please allow six weeks for your request to be processed.
- Once you receive your authorization letter, schedule your test. Be prepared to provide the authorization/voucher number and the information contained in the letter.
Submitting Requests by Mail or Courier Service
To submit a request for accommodations by mail or courier service, send all completed forms and documentation to:
- ETS Disability Services
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054 USA
- Courier Service:
- ETS Disability Services
225 Phillips Boulevard
Ewing, NJ 08628-1426 USA
Submitting Requests via Email
Email testing accommodations requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: If you email your documents, do not include credit card information on the Test Authorization Voucher Request form. Once your application has been received, you will be sent an email with instructions regarding payment.
To email your request:
- Download and print The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin.
- Download the Bulletin Supplement and print the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form.
- Complete all documents.
- Scan all documents.
- Attach all documents to your email message.
- Send your email to email@example.com.
If You Have Questions
Contact ETS Disability Services
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET
- 1-866-387-8602 (Toll free for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories* and Canada)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (general inquiries)
- ETS – Disability Services
- P.O. Box 6054
- Princeton, NJ 08541-6054 USA
*American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis® account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.