The SLS tests are delivered by computer and are offered during multiple testing windows throughout the year. Find test dates in your area.
Register for the Test
Before You Register:
- Review the policies in The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin.
- Check your state testing requirements to see which test(s) are required for licensure in your state.
- See Test Fees for fees and acceptable forms of payment.
- If you require accommodations for disabilities or health-related needs, you must register by mail. Allow at least six weeks for the review process. See Disability Accommodations.
The fastest and most convenient way to register for the School Leadership Series tests is online.
- Register online, anytime! Access your scores. Update personal information, reschedule or cancel tests and get scores via your online account.
- Pay with debit or credit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®), an eCheck or PayPal®.
- You will need a valid email address, mailing address and phone number to register online. Order confirmations and test admission tickets will be sent to your email address.
- You must know which tests you will need to take before you register. Check the SLS State Requirements section to learn which tests are required for licensure in your state.
Note: Test takers who are requesting testing accommodations must register by email or mail and submit the required documentation. For more information, please see Testing Accommodations.
Register by Mail
- Download and complete the SLS Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail with payment to the address listed on the form. Allow three weeks for processing.
- Once your request is approved, you will receive a voucher number and instructions on how to register.
- Print your admission ticket and bring it with you to the test center. Your admission ticket is important because it contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. However, you are not required to present it at the test center to take the test. You are permitted to test without the admission ticket.
Register by Phone
If you have previously created an SLS account online, you may register by phone.
- There is an additional $35 fee for this service, which will be charged to your credit/debit card in addition to your test fees.
- Call 1-800-772-9476 (TTY 1-800-275-1391), Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET.
- Please call at least three days prior to your desired test date. Test appointments are subject to availability.
- ALL test takers, regardless of registration method, will access their score reports online. You may also print admission tickets (unless you are requesting special accommodations), change personal information, change test center or test date, cancel a test registration and order additional score reports online.
- Review The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin concerning test administration, fee payment and score reporting before you register.
- Tests are offered during specific testing windows during the year and are scheduled by appointment based on availability. You must register at least three days prior to your test date.
- Occasionally, a test center's street address or reporting location may be changed just prior to the test date. To obtain the most recent and accurate reporting address information, sign in to your account three days prior to the test to verify the test center's reporting location and reprint your admission ticket. Do not wait until the morning of the test to print your ticket.
- Need testing accommodations? See:
Test Retake Policy
If you feel you did not perform to your potential, you may retake a test once every 35 days, not including your initial test date. This applies even if you canceled your scores on a test taken previously. If you violate this restriction, the scores from your retest will be canceled by ETS and your test fees will not be refunded.
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis® account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.